I wanted to send some notes to update everyone on the progress of our One World Futbol project:
– Thanks to all of the students from 4A for participating in this project. Your enthusiasm and effort were incredible. Big time props go to Gage, Kai, and Sam from 4B for contributing to this project in such a major way. These three generous boys held a joint birthday party and asked their friends to donate to our project rather than purchase gifts. Because of this selfless move, we were able to buy fourteenOne World Futbols to send to Haiti! Originally, we had a goal of buying two, so this helped us far exceed expectations.
– Ellie and I took the money we raised to OnPoint Community Credit Union and they were nice enough to give us a free cashier’s check made out to One World Futbol.
– This morning, I received an email from One World Futbol informing me that they received our order and have sent two futbols to Colorado – to an old college friend of mine, Denny Bain, who will hand deliver them to Haiti this summer – and twelve futbols to Iowa – to my uncle Bill, who will give them to his church’s youth group to hand deliver them to Haiti this summer.
– Denny and Bill will be sending photos to document the delivery of the balls which I will post here. So make sure you check in from time to time to witness the journey of these balls.
– Thanks to everyone for their help in making this project happen, especially a very nice woman named Kassie at One World Futbol who exchanged a large quantity of helpful emails with me and helped coordinate this whole thing. Because of the effort of 4A, many kids in Haiti will enjoy countless soccer games, which is a very good feeling.